Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Students, PhD Students and Employees,
We are in an emergency situation of an epidemic threat. All actions taken at the university are aimed at preventing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus among the community of Lodz University of Technology.
The university has the Crisis Management Centre, which analyses the situation on an ongoing basis. I appeal to every member of the academic community of Lodz University of Technology to follow the announcements of the university authorities. All information will be published on this website.
Our goal is to ensure the greatest degree of safety for all members of the academic community of Lodz University of Technology, which is why the functioning of the university is based on special rules, adapted to the constantly and dynamically changing situation in the country and in the world.
- All employees and students who have returned from foreign travel are required to stay in their places of residence for 14 days, inform the dean or head of the unit of this fact and follow the recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
- At Lodz University of Technology until September 30, classes in all forms and levels of education are suspended – except for those conducted in the form of distance education.
- Exams, course completion assessments, consultations have been suspended.
- Diploma exams take place to a limited extent and only in necessary cases.
- The international student exchange and foreign trips of employees have been suspended.
- The TUL Campus has been temporarily closed.
- Access to the TUL buildings is limited.
In the confrontation with an epidemic, responsibility is of utmost importance. While observing all safety rules and following the recommendations of relevant services, we do not forget about the social role of the university.
I appeal to students, doctoral students, scientists and employees of Lodz University of Technology to benefit from the time when the rules of limited functioning are introduced at the university for individual work. I recommend using available and safe tools with the use of new technologies for education and scientific work.
Let us remember mutual kindness and empathy, still having the safety of ourselves and others as a priority.
I wish you much tranquility and health.
Prof. dr hab. inż. Krzysztof Jóźwik
Vice Rector for Education TUL
Head of the TUL Crisis Management Centre